EVO®5 Dualswitch Climbing Helmet.
The only helmet to conform to EN397 and EN12492. Read the article here!
Two Standards, One Switch.
The EVO®5 Dualswitch™ climbing helmet is the only industrial safety helmet to be fully certified to both EN397 and EN12492 on a single CE certificate, with the ability to change between the two standards easily at the flick of a switch making the harness either ‘strong’ or ‘weak’. Switching to EN397 mode sets the harness release force to less than 25daN, (250N), Allowing the chinstrap to release if snagged to avoid risk of choking. Switching to EN12492 mode sets the harness release force to more than 25daN, (250N), Preventing the chinstrap from releasing and limiting the risk of losing your helmet whilst working at height.
- EPP Liner: Our robust Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) liner ensures class leading impact attenuation, offering side, front and rear impact protection, as required in EN12492.
- Certifications: The EVO® Dualswitch™ has been designed and manufactured to conform to the following standards: EN397 MM LD -40Â°C, EN50365, EN12492 -40Â°C, ENSI Z89.1 Type 1 Class C HT LT -40Â°C.
- Tough ABS Shell: EVO®5 safety helmets feature an extremely robust ABS shell designed for superior protection. It features a distinctive five stripe design and the JSP shield, an internationally recognised symbol of quality.
- Secure Fit: Featuring a fully adjustable 4-point chinstrap with a patent pending Dualswitch™ feature. This innovative new feature allows the wearer to switch between working roles allowing them to move safely from working on the ground with the EN397 standard to working at height with the EN12492 mountaineering standard at the flick of a switch.
- The EVO®5 Dualswitch™ also includes an easy to use Revolution® wheel ratchet and 3D adjustment harness, which offers 1-2-3 point depth settings for a perfect fit.
- CR2™ Reflective Kits : The biggest step-up in night time visibility/reflectivity of head protection to date. A high intensity reflective material decal kit offering, on average 60% more reflectivity than standard reflective clothing. CR2™ kits can be purchased as an optional extra.
EVO®5 Dualswitch™ can be fitted with a large selection accessories to increase the function of the product and expand on the safety features for the wearer. Accessories sold seperately, please contact +44 (0) 1993 826050 for more information.
• Universal attachement slots enable fitting of Surefit™ safety visors and Sonis® helmet mounted ear defenders.
• Integrated eyewear can be added by fitting an EVOSpec® available in smoked and clear
• Lamp bracket can be fitted to the front of the helmet.
• Business card / ID holders can be fitted to the front of the helmet.
• VisiLite® helmet illumination system can be fitted to increase low light working visibility up to a distance of 50m.